Taking a sensible approach to risk management
The Health and Safety Team is available to provide a package of services that will assist schools and academies to meet their legal responsibilities to manage health, safety, welfare and security risks to staff, pupils and visitors in schools.
The service is available to all school sectors and academies.
The Health and Safety Team also discharges a range of statutory duties to schools on behalf of the local authority:
• Helping schools to implement health and safety policies and procedures
• Assessing the impact of new health and safety legislation
• Monitoring standards to ensure appropriate safety and health standards are maintained
• Analysis of accident statistics and maintenance of other statutory records.
• Accident investigation
• Liaison with enforcement authorities, e.g. Health and Safety Executive, Fire and Rescue Service
• Statutory consultation with unions and professional associations
• Working in partnership with other agencies, e.g. Health Authorities, Police
• Other non-statutory safety related services provided outside of this agreement